Dot Brand Registrar Services
Dot Brand Registrar Services is a subsidiary of Dot Brand 360, an Ohio limited liability company and the leading c-suite executive level consultancy for Dot Brands. Dot Brand Registrar Services provides the specific registrar services required for Specification 13 and Specification 9 exempt registries exclusively and does not offer domain names for sale to the general public or provide reseller or retail domain name registration services.
Specification 13 and Specification 9 exempt registries are the sole registrants of domain names in their owned and operated registries and thus do not offer those domain names for sale to the general public.
Our pricing model is based upon a one-time set up fee including strategic consultation on our client’s domain name strategy, customized and tailored management platform set up and reporting to meet business objectives and a monthly fee based upon the number of domain names to be registered and managed, including specific domain name management consulting related services. The fees and services are tailored to our client needs.
If you would like more information about our services and how we exclusively meet the needs of Dot Brand clients, please contact Jennifer C. Wolfe at 513.746.2800 x1 or email@example.com.
Abuse, Illegal & Complaint Reporting
Dot Brand Registrar Services will actively investigate any complaints of abuse or illegal activity about the domain names registered by our customers. If you would like to file a complaint about a domain name registered by our customers, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 513.746.2800 x2.
If you are law enforcement or a consumer protection agency, please contact email@example.com or telephone at 513.746.2800 x1.
All reported complaints and abuses will be acknowledged by our support staff within 24 hours with a goal to resolve any complaints within ten business days. If more time is required, we will provide you a response in writing as to the cause of the delay and a reasonable expected time frame to resolution.
Dot Brand Services
4424 Carver Woods Executive Center Suite 103
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
Chief Executive Officer: Jennifer C. Wolfe, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Operating Officer: Robert W. Wolfe, email@example.com
Dot Brand Registrar Services
Registrant Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Domain Name Registration
The only registrants we serve are the sole registrants of our Dot Brand 360 registry customers pursuant to our Registry-Registrant agreements. Our clients sign a confidential Registry-Registrar Agreement with us for services to be provided. The Registrants of our Dot Brand Registry customers agree to the following terms and conditions. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions Registrar refers to Wolfe Domain, LLC, an Ohio limited liability company doing business as Dot Brand Registrar Services.
Registrant Obligations and Responsibilities
Registrant acknowledges, understands and agrees to the following obligations and responsibilities as a customer of Dot Brand Registrar Domain Name Registration services:
Accuracy of Domain Registration Information.
Registrant agrees that for each domain registration submitted, the following contact information shall be accurately and truthfully provided: full name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and if available, facsimile number of the registrant contact of the domain name (Registered Name Holder) and, if different from the Registered Name Holder, the same contact information for, a technical contact, an administrative contact and a billing contact. Failure to provide truthful and accurate information shall be considered a material breach of this Agreement and will be a basis for suspension and/or cancellation of the domain name. Registrant agrees that if it license or leases a domain name to a third party it is still liable for providing accurate information in accordance with Accuracy of Domain Registration Information and Changes to Domain Registration Information. Registrant agrees to accept liability for any third parties authorized to use domain names for harm or wrongful use.
Changes to Domain Registration Information.
Registrant agrees that for each domain registration, it will notify Dot Brand Registrar Services within five (5) calendar days of any changes to the full name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and if available, facsimile number of the Registered Name Holder and if different from the Registered Name Holder, changes to the same contact information for the technical contact, the administrative contact and the billing contact.
Restrictions and Right to Refuse Service
Registrant agrees to be responsible for all damages and actions from Dot Brand Registrar Services resulting from inappropriate or illegal use of any Registered Name (Restricted Activity) including the suspension, deletion, or cancellation of a Registered Name as well as covering all damages resulting from the use of a Registered Name that:
- transmits unsolicited email (Spam);
- transmits repetitive, high volume inquires;
- distributes malware or operates and engages in botnets, phishing, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement, fraudulent or deceptive practices, counterfeiting and other activities that are contrary to applicable law
- links or redirects to illegal content that:
- is hateful, defamatory, derogatory or bigoted based on racial, ethnic, gender or political grounds or otherwise causes injury, damage or harm of any kind to any person or entity;
- is threatening or invades another person’s privacy or property rights or otherwise breaches any rights of or duty to a third party;
- misleads or deceive minors into viewing sexually explicit material or depicts minors engaged in any activity of a sexual nature or may otherwise harm minors;
- infringes the trademark, copyright, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of a third party;
- violates any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation;
- promotes, aids or abets illegal activity of any kind or promotes business opportunities or investments which are not permitted under law;
- advertises or offers for sale any goods or services that are unlawful or in breach of any national or international law or regulation;
Violation of Restrictions.
Registrant understands and agrees that violation of the Restricted Activities constitutes a material breach of the Agreement. Dot Brand Registrar Services, in its sole discretion and without liability to Registrant, may refuse to accept domain registrations, delete domain registrations during the first thirty (30) days of registration, or cancel a domain registration at anytime after the first thirty (30) days of registration if you violate the Restricted Activity provisions at anytime.
Registrant agrees to defend, indemnify, save and hold Dot Brand Registrar Services harmless in respect to all claims, demands, liabilities, costs and/or expenses resulting from a violation of the obligations and responsibilities stated in this Agreement.
Domain Name Registration, Renewal, and Expiration
International Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”). Dot Brand Registrar Services is an ICANN accredited registrar and as such is bound by certain contractual requirement, terms, conditions and policies, which may change and be amended from time to time. Registrant agrees:
- To comply with the ICANN requirements, standards, policies, procedures, and practices for each applicable Registry at all times and to also comply with any future changes or updates enacted by ICANN.
- To comply with any operational standards, policies, procedures, and practices for the each Registry, which can change from time to time by the applicable Registry Operators in a non-arbitrary manner.
- To read the Registrants’ Benefits and Responsibilities at https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/registrant-rights-2013-09-16-en
- To read the Registrant Educational Information at http://www.icann.org/en/resources/registrars/registrant-rights/educational
- Material change of Registrant regarding gTLDs:
- The Transfer of domains names that are governed by ICANN’s Transfer Policy (http://www.icann.org/transfers/).
- Dot Brand Registrar Services as Designated Agent for New Registrant. Direct registrant name holders with Dot Brand Registrar Services acknowledge and authorize Dot Brand Registrar Services to be their Designated Agent for all New Registrant material change confirmations.
- Both, Old Registrant and New Registrant or one of their respective Designated Agents understand, acknowledge and agree that:
- Dot Brand Registrar Services is solely responsible for the electronic processing of the change of registrant.
Domain Name Renewal. Registrant’s continued use of a Registered Name is subject to timely payment of monthly fees as well as continued compliance with this Agreement and any rules or policies referenced herein. Because Registrant is the sole registrant of the Registry, domain names shall automatically renew and may only be transferred subject to express written authorization of the Registrant.
Domain Name Dispute Resolutions
Domain Name Dispute Policies.
Registrant acknowledges, understands, and agrees to respond and settle any disputes for any Registered Names according to the resolution policies of ICANN. In the case of ICANN, registrant agrees to be bounded by ICANN’s Uniform Rapid Suspension System (“URS”) and Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (“UDRP”). These dispute polices are amended from time to time therefore the domain policies, URS, and UDRP are hereby incorporated into this Agreement by reference.
Lock, Cancel or Transfer of Domain Name.
Registrant acknowledges, understands, and agrees that Dot Brand Registrar Services could, though unlikely, be required to lock, cancel or transfer a domain to a third party in accordance to the Domain Name Dispute Policies.
Registrant agrees that if Dot Brand Registrar Services receives a complaint from a governmental, administrative or judicial body, regarding a domain name registered, that Dot Brand Registrar Services, in its sole discretion, may take whatever action it deems necessary regarding further modification, assignment of and/or control of the domain name deemed necessary to comply with the actions or requirements of the governmental, administrative or judicial body until such time as the dispute is settled. And in this event, registrant agrees to hold Dot Brand Registrar Services harmless for any such actions.
Collection, Use, and Privacy of Information
ICANN Whois Requirements.
As required by ICANN, the contact information must be made publicly available by means of Whois, and that the registry operator may also be required to make this information publicly available by Whois including the following information:
(1) The domain name
(2) Registrant’s name and postal address
(3) The name, email address, postal address, voice and fax numbers for technical and administrative contacts
(4) The Internet protocol numbers for the primary and secondary name servers (and corresponding names of the name servers)
(5) The original date of registration and expiration date, and
(6) The identity of the registrar.
Whois Escrow. Registrant agrees that the Registrar and/or the Registry Operator of a domain name may be required to archive the contact information with a reputable third-party escrow service.
The terms and conditions above may be changed without notice to comply with ICANN policies or procedures and applicable laws and are incorporated into the Registry-Registrar Agreement with Dot Brand Registrar Services.
What is the WHOIS database?
The WHOIS domain database is a listing of all registered domains, and is regularly used for various legal purposes. Network administrators use WHOIS data to identify and fix problems. For instance, WHOIS information can be used to determine the availability of domain names, identify trademark infringement, and keep domain name registrants accountable.
WHOIS verification can even be utilized to combat spam or fraud, as administrators can track down registrants who post illegal content or participate in phishing scams. In addition, the agreements from The International Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) protects domain registrants by prohibiting the use of WHOIS listings for marketing or spam purposes, including high-volume, automated queries against a specific registrar or registry system (unless such queries are done with the intent to manage domain names).
How can I use the WHOIS Lookup Tool?
You can simply enter the domain name whose information you’d like to view into the search field on the WHOIS main page. You can retrieve key data about a domain in this way, including availability, ownership, creation, and expiration details.
WHOIS LOOKUP https://lookup.icann.org/
How accurate is WHOIS data?
Since registrants’ contact data can change, registrars must provide annual opportunities for domain owners to review and edit their WHOIS domain data. According to ICANN’s rules, refusing to update this information or providing false data can lead to the suspension or cancellation of domains.
In addition, ICANN allows Internet users to file complaints if they discover WHOIS domain name lookup data that is incorrect or incomplete. In such instances, registrars must correct and verify the data in a timely manner. Through this verification protocol, ICANN seeks to maintain the highest possible level of accuracy.
Renewal and Expiration
Though in most instances as a Specification 13 Registrant domain names will not expire, in the event they do the following processes will be followed:
The registrar system will automatically send Registered Name Holders up to three renewal email reminders. The first email reminder will be sent one month prior to renewal, the second one will be send one week prior to renewal if a domain name still hasn’t been renewed. On the third day past a domain name’s expiration date, the system will send an email notice stating that their domain name has expired and informs the Registered Name Holder no more reminders will be sent.
The registrar system allows Registered Name Holders to renew their domains at regular posted renewal fees for up to 44 days after expiration. On the 36th day after expiration (8 days prior to deletion), if the Registered Name Holder has not renewed an expired domain name, the DNS for that domain name is interrupted. After 44th day, the system issues a delete request to the registry and therefore pushes the domain name into the redemption grace period. At this point, the Registered Name Holder will have an additional 30 days to restore their domain at the posted domain name restore fee.